Psstt! Hey Buddy!

Can I borrow ten bucks, just for today?

Yeah, I know, I borrowed ten yesterday, and the day before, and so on.

No, I won't pay you back tomorrow, but I will borrow another ten spot. Yeah and the next day too.

Oh yeah, I've got a wife and three kids, so could you make it $50?

That's what we borrow every day, America. Ten bucks each for every man, woman, and child. About $3 billion, total. More than a trillion a year that we borrow from the rest of the world.

I can't say that it makes me very optimistic about the future.

Even the Republicans are worried. That's why they are working so hard to steal enough to make it through the coming hard times.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli