Should I Have a Lubotomy?

Some of you may have heard much of this before. Lubos Motl was both the inspiration and the reason for my blogging career. I started commenting on his blog in reaction to his rather strident review of a book at Amazon, and I started a blog when he started deleting some of my comments. Since that time I have often posted on topics that he has initiated, and he has on a few occasions posted on topics I initiated. He even had a post purporting to reveal my semi-secret identity.

Television producer Roy Huggins once said that he and actor James Garner had a "love hate relationship. I love him and he hates me." I wouldn't exactly say that I love Lubos, but I do retain a certain affection for that irrepressible and ingenious Czech, and it grieves me that his outbursts seem to have damaged his reputation. Once upon a time, there seemed to be more light-heartedness to even his harsh critiques. Lately, he seems to be more bitter.

He continues to post clever, amusing, outrageous, and occasionally brilliant things, as well as some things evocatively poetic. Lubos in his analytic mode is a wonder to behold. In his dogmatic mode - well I won't go into that here. In any case he is the perfect prompt and cause for any number of posts.

I will say this directly to you Lubos. A lot of the people you hate, don't hate you, and even fewer of them wish you harm. A lot of the people you berate actually like you.

Cynthia, and less directly, Lubos, have taken me to task for harassing him. I don't want to harass anybody, and consequently I am thinking of giving him up, giving up posting about him or to him - having a Lubotomy, in effect. It would be difficult, but I would like to hear your opinions.

Cynthia?... Anybody?... Bueller?... Lubos?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer