Elite-er

Via Kevin Drum, Clair Berlinski's How Elite Are You?

1. Can you talk about "Mad Men?" Not intelligibly.

2. Can you talk about the "The Sopranos?" Not without making a face.


3. Do you know who replaced Bob Barker on "The Price Is Right?" No

4. Have you watched an Oprah show from beginning to end? No

5. Can you hold forth animatedly about yoga? No

5. How about pilates? I think I learned about Pontius Pilate in Catholic School. I don't know his family.

5. How about skiing? I really miss it.

6. Mountain biking? There are a few mountain bikes in my garage, none of which I have ridden lately.

7. Do you know who Jimmie Johnson is? Yeah.

8. Does the acronym MMA mean nothing to you? It didn't.

9. Can you talk about books endlessly? If I could find somebody to listen.

10. Have you ever read a "Left Behind" novel? Eew. No thanks.


11. How about a Harlequin romance? Nope


12. Do you take interesting vacations? They interest me.

13. Do you know a great backpacking spot in the Sierra Nevada? Nope.

14. What about an exquisite B&B overlooking Boothbay Harbor? Never heard of it.

15. Would you be caught dead in an RV? I've been in several RVs.

16. Would you be caught dead on a cruise ship? I have been alive on some cruises.

17. Have you ever heard of of Branson, Mo? Yes

18. Have you ever attended a meeting of a Kiwanis Club? Maybe. My father was a major official.

19. How about the Rotary Club? I was an honorary Rotarian in High School - does that count?

20. Have you lived for at least a year in a small town? Born and raised.


21. Have you lived for a year in an urban neighborhood in which most of your neighbors did not have college degrees? Yes

22. Have you spent at least a year with a family income less than twice the poverty line? Grad school doesn't count, but how about enlisted Army?

23. Do you have a close friend who is an evangelical Christian? Does a brother-in-law count?

24. Have you ever visited a factory floor? Yes. Do booze factories count?

25. Have you worked on one? Sort of.


I'm not sure how to score this, but I'm pretty sure that this proves that I'm a hick, but that's not exactly news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer