He'll Be a Dentist...

I had my teeth cleaned the other day. The tech managed to convince me that it was time to expose my head to some more ionizing radiation, so I submitted to X-rays. I had mixed feelings about the fact that they still used film. My previous dentist had gone to a CCD system which, while requiring less radiation per shot, also convinced my idiot tech that it wasn't really necessary to get the shot right the first time, since she could always get a do-over - one good reason I left that dentist.

After the cleaning, the dentist looked at my X-rays and said somewhat wistfully:

"Nothing really terrible happening to any of these teeth on the X-rays."

Afterwards he carefully inspected my wisdom teeth, and said with still more apparent disappointment:

"Nothing really going on to justify pulling them - YET."

Am I getting more paranoid in my old age or does the guy really need that boat payment?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer